Let’s face it, optometry practices are often a chaotic environment. Employees are often trying to perform multiple roles at the same time. In many cases, the person responsible for optometry billing is wearing several hats throughout the day. That means they can’t dedicate the proper time and energy to ensure a properly functioning revenue cycle
Do these problems sound familiar?
- Your staff is unsure when it comes to billing optometry medical claims.
- Your current billing company does not understand Optometry billing and all of its specifics.
- Your Accounts Receivable is out of control, or worse, you aren’t even sure if it is accurate?
- You are losing money on claims that are not collected?
- When you review your monthly revenue reports, you aren’t sure what to look for.
We hear these complaints, and worse, from optometrists and office managers all the time. Believe us when we say that you are not alone in these concerns. The good news is we can help you take control of your optometry billing.
THE AMS SOLUTION
The pros at Applied Medical Systems can help you get back on track. Our staff knows how to process claims properly, so you don’t have to. You can have confidence in our optometry billing because we have years of experience. We can get your A/R under control and stop you from losing money.
OPTOMETRY BILLING SERVICES
There is so much more to billing than filing claims and posting payments. Let AMS help your practice excel at the entire revenue process and become both more thorough and efficient at the same time. AMS offers a full range of optometry billing services to make your practice’s billing system efficient, profitable, and compliant.
- Optimized reimbursement/compliance through an understanding of routine vs. medical visits
- Appealing denials for medical necessity (e.g., photos)
- Obtaining reimbursement for keratoconus patients (medically necessary contact lenses)
- Medicare DME billing
- Coordination of benefits between medical and vision plans, as appropriate
- Surgery comanagement billing
- Vision therapy billing
- Dry eye management billing
- Helping to train front desk for optimum co-pay and refraction collection upfront
- Answering patient inquiries and collecting on their balances
- Experts in the coding rules/requirements for the various insurance carriers
If you feel that your optometry billing is not currently receiving the attention it deserves, then contact Applied Medical Systems so that we can help you get started with outsourcing your optometry billing services.